Fabulous at 50!
There is nothing fabulous about divorce. It is scary at any age but more challenging at 50. I bet you never dreamed of being here at this time in your life. Curveball. This puts a whole new spin on midlife crisis. Whew, how you holding up? Does it help to know that you are not alone? Yea, not really, huh? Still feeling like you are navigating a raging river of uncertainty with no Rutter? Heck, maybe without a boat even? I totally get it. The challenges can be intimidating. Down right scary at times.
Every story is unique. The how and why, but the effect is still staggering. What now? To begin to answer these question you must get past the emotional baggage clouding your thinking and get to the Heart of the Issue. Yes, the emotions keep you from looking at the important issues. Like, how to deal with the financial impact of divorce. May sound cold but you must face the fact that this is your future you are dealing with.
With all the big decisions that are now needing to be made it is easy to forget the daily details.
You know, the little things like:
- Are you getting enough sleep?
- Did you eat right today?
- Is your self-talk positive?
Do these seem like silly questions with all that you are facing? Hello, here is a wake up call for you. If you said NO to any one of these you are not going to have what it takes to handle the big issues.
That may sound harsh but it is the truth. You cannot handle big issues if you are not functioning with a rested, nourished body with a positive mindset. Period.
Here are 3 tips to help you become more productive and positive.
- Make a list: Write down the 3 most important tasks you need to complete the next day before going to bed. Include eating right on the list so it is a visible reminder! This will clear your mind to rest better.
- Give Thanks: Give thanks for 3 things in your life. No matter how small. You may have to work at it to start but it will become easier over time and you will find more things to be grateful for.
- Mindset: Get out of bed with a positive salutation. “Good morning beautiful, have an awesome day!” This may sound silly but you choose your outlook every day. So practice making it a positive one.
These may seem like a waste of time, but let me ask you this.
What do you have to lose?
Nothing. Except, being tired and unfocused with a poor attitude. You are defeating yourself before your day even starts.
Now, what do you have to gain?
How about more energy? A clearer thought process and a mindset that you are awesome and can get things done!
Which of these women do you want to be? The choice is yours. Only you can instigate change in your life. I can give you the tools but you must use them. I hope you choose to make 50 fabulous!
Divorce is not fabulous but starting over with experience, is a priceless shot at a new beginning.